Saturday, March 23, 2013

It is Well with My Soul- Verve Week 1

Diva Dare and Viva La Verve week 1.... having some fun stampin' while I have a chance. The Verve Diva Dare challenge this month is to make a card CASEing Laurie's style from Just Give Me Stamps and Moe from Buttons and Bling... well I  did Laurie's layering and use of embellishments along with Moe's notorious perfect bows and bling used the Verve week 1 sketch that Amber designed on the Verve forum at SCS.


Hoping you can see the "general sketch" in there... took a little artistic freedom with the second square panel...as I switched up the sketch to make an A2 size... otherwise on target!! This card made me happy... used Verve's Surely Goodness {shall follow me all the days of my life) sentiment and the outline on the butterflies is from So Fluttery- die cut with the Flutterby die. Couldn't resist adding leaves using Dream Big and the Dreamy Leaves die. Papers are Authentique Renew... fabulous!!


Distressed the edges in black for more definition and added some iridescent bling from Pizzazaplenty!!

Having a wonderful WE... busy as a bee washing/cleaning for company... my MOM and DAD are stopping by on their way back to IN and the crew here in NC are planning meals/time to visit while they're here!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is a stunning card...I luv all of the elements, gorgeous! so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

enjoy *~*

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Vickie! I love the butterflies fluttering about and the beautiful foliage!

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Vickie! TFS.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your colors and those FAB butterflies, PRETTY card, Vickie!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Vickie, this is so very gorgeous! Just love it!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

WOWSA!! Beautiful card! Just got those butterflies and this card makes me wanna go play right now!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh my! This is Diva-worthy, Vickie. Truly gorgeous. Have fun with your folks and happy easter!

Marisa said...

Loved this Diva Dare card when I saw it - was rooting for Random Org to pick you ;) Gorgeous colour combo, and use of the leaves and butterflies. I'm going to be humming that hymn all day now :) Great card!