Friday, March 22, 2013

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board and Retro Sketch

Not much time to play this week...working longer hours...that's life... came home a little early today and had a chance to "create" a card that has been on my mind this week.

I combined the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board with the Retro sketch and came up with this...


 
Spring is on my mind... it's coming....really it's coming!!We've had such variations in the weather here--pretty sure everyone has {hubs lost a tomato plant last nite-he wasn't happy- wind blew the covering off} I am ready for spring flowers-planting veges, flip flops, boat rides on the lake....
 
Loved Dawn's mood board this week-- definitely fit my frame of mind. I played with Chantilly Lace, Scalloped border die and the Written On Ribbon stamp/die. Honestly, when I first saw the Written on Ribbon stamp/die I loved it but, I didn't know if I would really use it that much so I didn't purchase it right away... DANG...it is FUN!!
 
 
Dawn's board...


Here's the Retro Sketch I used for the layout...


Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

You can find the WPlus9 stamps I used here. Browse... there will be something you LOVE, guarantee it!!

I'm so excited... my mom and dad are coming by Monday for a couple of days... on their way back from a Caribbean Cruise... Carnival...I've been watching the news all week worrying!! They haven't had a chance to do anything fun for a while and they are older {76 and 82} totally healthy but, you know I still worry-- drove from Indiana to Miami... visited family on the way down and visiting us on the way back.

6 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a Beautiful Card!! I LOVE all of the added details and your take on the challenge photo!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the bright Easter colors, Vickie! FAB card! Great take on the sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Vickie! This is just screaming Spring! I love all the layers and pretty bow!

Jean Martin said...

Vickie this is gorgeous!!!! LOVE all the layers! Sooo beautiful! :)

Jeanne J. said...

You won again you lucky devil! I love all the layers of color - and how you paired it with that scrolly ribbon - I would have never guessed how gorgeous they look together!

Marisa said...

That banner die would scare me but you have used it wonderfully on this great Easter card! Perfect use of Easter colours too :)