Friday, May 16, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop... It's All About DIES!!



Yes, Serendipity Stamps is having a blog hop... WHY...NEW DIES! We are showcasing word dies being released today... all of the new dies make me smile! Mary is releasing 9 new word dies AND there is a Fabulous Floral Frame- with some other goodies "tucked in"!! Make sure to visit all of the DT blogs listed below so you can see all the new dies. There were so many... so the DT are providing samples using all of them. I've had so much fun playing... haven't even scratched the surface... OH, the possibilities!!

I have a few samples....


Aren't those Lilacs gorgeous... I grew up in the Midwest and May is the time for lilacs to bloom... it is not a natural flower in the South Eastern US... bought a hybrid and trying to "baby it along" and DREAMING of Lilacs next year... gorgeous flowers and fabulous scent! And, yes, these Serendipity flowers/images have "cured" me of my purple phobia :)

This card uses an image that I fell in love with after my teamies posted some cards with it. Guess that plane should be shooting upward... instead of down... OOPS! BUT, could you IMAGINE being able to fly your own small plane... what an accomplishment! Imagine... I die cut the sentiment three times using different cardstock/patterned paper to make it stand out a little.
 
My last card uses the new Fabulous Frame...
 
How gorgeous is this frame!! The frame was die cut with some MME paper and mounted on SU Blushing Bride. The large butterfly die is Serendipity's  Solid Butterfly die ... die cut with watercolor paper. added ink to an acrylic block, placed the new die cut butterfly from the Floral Frame and Embellishment dies on top... rubbed with my fingers to pick up color and it wasn't even so I sponged on a lighter pink, and added gold spritz!!
 
A close up of the frame die... used my metal "poker" and fingers to "pull up" some of the flower images for dimension. 

 
 
A little close up... wanted you to see the intricate detail in this frame. Gorgeous!!


Here's the blog hop order... Next stop is Anya... click on the link below.

                                                                      Mary's Blog

OHHHH... there's a prize

$20 gift code to one person who has commented on ALL the blogs. To enter to win leave a comment you need to comment/ leave a little love on all the DT blogs. You have until midnight Sunday 5-18.
Winner will be posted on Mary's blog  Monday 5-19.
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

19 comments:

zehra said...

Oh so lovely, I love how u pulled the flowers up, beautiful cards

Jean Bullock said...

Each card is so different and all are wonderful. My mom would love that lilac card. So beautiful!

Karen Amidon said...

Vickie, these are all so wonderful and each one is so unique. Love how you've used the two Word Dies. Your "Frame" card is BEAUTIFUL! I love how you cut the DP, it looks awesome! The butterfly embellishment finishes it gorgeously!

Diane Jaquay said...

All of these are BEAUTIFUL! I especially love your butterfly cards!

Sue Lelli said...

All Beautiful but that frame is to die for! LOVE the lilacs, too! FAB cards, Vicki!

Marisa said...

You have been busy! Lilacs are in full bloom here with the miniature one in our front garden about to burst into bloom. Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that! Will smell deep for you :) Lovely frame on the last one and a great masculine card with the plane. Have a fabulous weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my goodness! These are ALL so pretty...there is no way I could pick a a favorite. I like them ALL!

Pauline said...

Oh, I just love this frame cut using a patterned paper, so cool!! And I love how you layered the words too, three beautiful creations Vickie!

Marybeth said...

Love the frame on patterned paper! Your lilac card is stunning and so are the rest. Love the butterfly on your last card, I did the same thing on a card I did not post. As always so many inspiring ideas on your blog.

Jeanne J. said...

You matched the words and images so perfectly Vickie! Love the airplane with Imagine - but the last is my favorite. The double cut butterfly and frame cut from patterned paper is brilliant.

Lyla mcdaniel said...

Creative on all but really outstanding on plane, good for both male & female pilots;plus can think of atleast 4 other uses. Thanks for sharing.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

All three are beautiful, Vickie! Love the colors and papers and you lilacs are lovely. Purple phobia?? I think not! Gorgeous cards!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...your layering is amazing and your coloring is just stunning! Fabulous cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such gorgeous work. The frame is very pretty. I like how you have your word imagine in orange and blue. It is a very appealing sentiment.

Teri Barefoot said...

I don't know what to say all cards are wonderful such great work

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous collection of cards Vickie! Love that beautiful purple butterfly on the first! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tammy P. said...

Oh my! I am "smitten" with all of your cards! Your stamping and coloring just make the word dies pop. And I agree that frame is beautiful.

cdjcape521 said...

That purple card with the butterfly was to DIE for!!!!!!

Eileen said...

Lilacs are a memory of my childhood and that card says it all. All your cards are beautiful!