Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #31 --- Flowers!


Good Morning!! I have two posts today. This one is for May's Serendipity Stamps Challenge.... it's all about flowers- stamped, die cut, paper, dried etc. See link below to get all the details about how you can play along and win some $ towards Serendipity stamps or dies! Mary has just released some fabulous word dies (you'll see one below) and a gorgeous floral frame.

This time the DT were challenged to use flowers along with a resist technique.

I chose to use a Gesso Resist technique... you can find the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers here. This was a new adventure for me. I applied gesso onto a magazine page until it was opaque, let it dry, stamped the solid image with versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then you start sponging ink. The tutorial advises to start with the lighter colors and blend to dark. Not sure if I applied my gesso too thick but, when I applied the lighter ink... my image wasn't showing up... so I immediately went to a darker pink and it worked.

I probably could use a better camera... IRL the image is very clearly detailed and you can see the magazine print clearly.

A little close up...

And... the sale.....This week’s sale is Buy 3, Get the 4th Free.

Hope you find time to join us, and...

The rules are simple... play along using at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your submission and add a flower. You don't have to have a blog to play along - you can link your designs to any on line gallery.

Click Here for all the details

For extra inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Well done you!! Great card and love the silhouette image.

Karen Amidon said...

Very fun technique, Vickie. Love the thistle

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card. I must look up that link at Split Coast...I have a jar of Gesso that I have not even opned up yet...thanks for the inspiration.

Marybeth said...

I love this in the soft pink with black Vickie. Funny how we both used the thistle and I was not 100% sure it was a flower. Loving the new word dies!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the white embossed BG, Vickie! Pretty card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Vickie! Love the gesso & ink on top of the text. Such a wonderful look!