Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Color Throwdown 278- Happy Times!!

Good Morning friends!! Sorry, I missed last week's challenge... LOVED the colors and I could see that you did too!! I was "up to my eyeballs" in a computer flu bug!!

This week the colors are brought to us by my sweet friend Joan.... another wonderful color palette.

 
 
My card...
First up... I have to take my pics at night using Ott lamps... so the background is not as pristine as I would like... maybe a fancier camera? Played with some new "schtuff" again. MPD for MFT Timeless and coordinating die-namics. The background was created by sponging pistachio pudding ink with MPD Graduated Circles stencil and overstamping with an image from SU's Gorgeous Grunge set. I used the Cardabilities sketch. Ha- don't hold me to the clock not being in the correct position... I had it perfect and then added foam dots for dimension and needed to stand up/look down for placement....I've had my eyes checked.... so I know it's a discipline thing, LOL!!


For more inspiration, you'll want to stop by and visit the other team members' blogs.

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Melody Rupple- A Paper Melody
Monika Davis- MAD Stamper
 
 
Welcome to Nicole Nastali who is joining us for the month of February as guest designer.  Her blog can be found here

And another big welcome to our Guest Star Stamper this week..... Heather North.

Glad to have you both on board this week!!
 
Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...the color police won't come after you--this is all about having fun!  If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD278.  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

13 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Vickie. Love the clock image and the splatters... great take on the sketch too! I used the same one. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vickie! Love how you stamped the clock using red ink and the splattered background looks fab!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colous. Love the clock and the splatter.

Joan Ervin said...

Your take on the sketch and the awesome use of the colors make for one fabulous design...love this, Vicki!!!!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Vickie!

Melody said...

Love the paint splatters and the clock is one of my favorite stamps.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

You nailed this sketch with your beautiful card! Love it!

Lori said...

Pretty! Love the look of the splattered background panel.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the splatters and Mona's clock! Fantastic artsy card!

Laura Davis said...

Such a pretty card!
Laura

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm buzzing by really late this week...totally love this grungy collage you created! I just bought this time set from MFT and haven't inked it up yet. You've inspired me!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a card! I love the detail and the colors. Such a wonderful card.

Heather North said...

Thank you for the big welcome. This has been so much fun playing along with all of you this week. I'm swooning over your card. Everything about it sings to me.