Saturday, February 22, 2014

eat, drink, and be married!!

SQUEEKED a card in!! This girl has computer elbow- actually tendonitis. Honestly- the last couple months have been busy- two audits at work. my daughters friend died {she was like a daughter to me-it's been tough) and then, when things finally aren't hitting me from all sides....tendonitis. My job involves working on computers all day long and then, I get home and want to make cards/visit blogs.... all those repetitive hand movements- I've had to take a break. Learning to use my opposite hand - interesting and frustrating... so slow!

Enough of my woes... I do have a card.... for three challenges


Playing in the WPlus9 Birthday Celebrations- Trends. I used gold, misting, and sequins. The leaves are from WPlus9's Woodgrain additions stamped in versamark and embossed with gold. Added some misting with Heidi Swapp gold and Tatttered Angels black, a few sequins and a fun sentiment from WPlus9 Written on Ribbon. The background gold paper- don't you just love it... the pattern and color... perfect!

The layout is CAS(E) this sketch and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is Wedding/Anniversary!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautiful card and a lovely touch with the splatter and sequins. SO sorry to hear about you woes...my heart breaks for your daughter's loss of her friend and tendonitis is NEVER nice no matter what part of your body you get it in. Hugest of cyber ((hugs)) to you my friend!!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, elegant card Vickie, pure class.
You have had a tough start to the new year, hope your tendinitis improves soon xx

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear about all your difficulties. Glad you were able to make this fabulous card. Love the sentiment--so clever.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Lovely take on the sketch!

Marybeth said...

Sorry your not feeling well . Your card is gorgeous! Love the gold Vickie.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Vickie! Love the metallic foliage and golden sequins sprinkled about!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Vickie. The gold is stunning and oh so trendy right now. I love the misting and sequins. Awesome job.

Jeanne J. said...

That's the cutest sentiment Vickie and I love all the glittery goodness here!