Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge---Thanks!!

Yikes can you believe it is November already!! Thanksgiving will be here before you know it (in the US) and I know my Canadian friends have already celebrated!!

Once a month (on the first Wednesday) a new challenge is posted at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog using a central theme. The design team provides samples for inspiration at the beginning, and then again at the half way point of the challenge (on the third Wednesday), but you have the whole month to join us!!

This month the challenge theme is Thankful/Grateful.



I stamped the Serendipity wreath from the Harvest Cling Set onto XPress It blending cardstock and colored with copics. Next, I embossed the panel with SU's textile embossing folder- gives a little homey, warm feeling to this image. The Thanks is a Serendipity die that I cut three times and layered for dimension.

So Mary always gives the DT a "little" extra challenge and this week it was to explain why we chose the stamps/dies we used. Well, obviously it is the time of year for reflection and to give thanks for what we have.... sometimes it's easy to be in the "wanting mode"- not exactly like wanting what the "Jone's" have but, wanting more and not really appreciating we've been given. I do that, I'm sure we all do [although I'd still love that beach house :)] Anywho, when you read the news and really, really think about how lucky you are and what is important...it's the basic things like food, family, love, friends, faith, health......that was what was on my mind.


Need a little inspiration to get you started?  We have a special guest joining us this month - Lisa Minckler  From You Made Me Ink!  

The rules are simple... play along using at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your submission and the theme of Thankful/Grateful. You don't have to have a blog to play along - you can link your designs to any on line gallery.

Click Here for all the details

For more inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.


This week’s sale is 20% off both the Thanksgiving and the Autumn Categories.  

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

We are very blessed! Your card is beautiful with the word die over my favorite wreath. Beautifully colored.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Vickie - I love your message - it's good to be reminded to be thankful for all we have! And I LOVE the colors and texture of your card!

Jeanne J. said...

Your card is amazing Vickie. I would have been so afraid to emboss after all that beautiful coloring, but WOW! This looks like embroidery on fabric - simply stunning!!

Marisa said...

LOVE the embossed BG and that die is fabulous!

Lisa Minckler said...

That was a great post read. I agree, I'm thankful for so much and truly blessed, but I wouldn't mind giving thanks from the porch of my beach house either!! LOL. I love the quilted textured design of your card, it gives off a very warm and cozy feeling.
Beautiful work and great food for thought in your words.
hugs,
Lisa x

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is lovely, Vickie! Your fall wreath is beautiful and I love the embossed texture.

Wida said...

gorgeous card. Love those dies...I made a ton of them while visiting JJ bolton a while ago. Love having crafty friends! saves money ;)