Wednesday, November 6, 2013

CTD267 - Peace!!

It's another Color Throwdown challenge- this week brought to us by Melody. I'm still playing with my new WPlus9 stamps... even went CAS on this one!! Well... at least for me anywho!!

The colors....


Wonderful!! Love the inspiration pic but, I don't have a snowglobe... although I've seen some I adore!!


Still playing with my WPlus9 stamps from the latest release (it seems a few of my teamies are enjoying this set too!) The wreath is from Woodland Wreaths. When die cutting the wreath - there is a center piece that normally I would throw away but, thought it would work well to add the Peace sentiment and then pop the wreath on top for a little dimension. Stamped the fern image in Always Artichoke and Old Olive and added some turquoise berries. Finished it off with a turquoise bow and enamel dot.

For more inspiration, you'll want to stop by and visit the other team members' blogs as well as our talented November guestie - Cindy Lawrence at  One Happy Stamper!! Thanks Cindy for joining us this month!!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Melody Rupple- A Paper Melody
 
Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...the color police won't come after you--this is all about having fun!  If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD267.  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool.   

I played in CAS-ual Fridays embossing challenge... well, this is my first time but, I'm thinking it's CAS enough :-)

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

18 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

You wreath looks lovely against your creamy embossed background. Lovely card!

Broni said...

Beautiful use of the colors and the stamp set, Vickie! I love just the touches of the Turquoise! Great card!

Marisa said...

Great use of the colours and loving that embossed BG!! That wreath image is fabulous too. You can enter in the Curtain Call challenge going on right now too :)

Darnell said...

WOWZA, Vickie, your card is fantastic!! I LOVE those colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Melody said...

I love how each of you had a different take with the same stamp. Love the white on white and the scoring.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this Christmas Wreath is so pretty! Love the colours you've used and the embossed background is very elegant!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I love the embossed background and how you used the colors!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing wreath and that embossing is just the perfect touch!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a stunning card!! Going to pin this one! Love the diamond embossed BG and the tiny edge of turquoise...such an elegant design! I'm enjoying our little wreath parade - lol!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Vickie! Love the beautiful wreath and gorgeous embossed background!

Cath said...

What a gorgeous card, Vickie!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I got to know you there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful wreath card. I love the colors!

Julia Aston said...

Your wreath is beautiful in these colors Vickie!

Lori said...

What a beautiful clean and simple design! The wreath looks fabulous against the embossed background.

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo pretty and elegant, Vickie...I love your wreath and the embossing makes for one gorgeous background!!!!

Alice said...

love non-traditional colors for a holiday card! so pretty! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Marie said...

Beautiful card, Vicki. Great idea to save the center part of the wreath.