Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's time for the next Color Throwdown challenge- #270!!

Happy Wednesday my friends!! Tomorrow is Turkey day in the US and I am in the throes of making all the traditional foods and everyone's favorites!! My oldest, Lauren, is contributing too... we will have scrumptious food {and no cooking} for 4 days... WHOO HOO!!

Enough of my celebrating 2 days of furious cooking and 3 days of stamping and eating :-)

To business...

Wanda picked the colors this week... LOVE the inspiration pic { I have a bunch of old ornaments I have collected that get displayed in a large glass jar... gorgeous}!! I was a "titch" intimidated by the colors.... ohh, turns out I was wrong!! Well, it's certainly not the first time! These colors are fun!!

 
And...  I got a little bling on... makes me happy!! I used WPlus(s Silver Bells and matching dies. Created my own background, added some silver embossed berries, silver twine, and a sentiment from the same set on an MFT Flag Stax die!!
 
For more inspiration, you'll want to stop by and visit the other team members' blogs as well as our talented November guestie - Cindy Lawrence at  One Happy Stamper!! Thanks Cindy for joining us this month!!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Melody Rupple- A Paper Melody
 
Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...the color police won't come after you--this is all about having fun!  If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD268.  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool.   
 
Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!
 
 
signature
 

10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a stunning take on the colour inspiration. So love the design paper and the twine with the bells.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Barbara said...

Love that background and those awesome retro-looking bells!

Joan Ervin said...

You have created such a beautiful background, Vickie, and I sooo love the bells...the little piece of sparkly paper is a great detail!!!!

Marisa said...

Such a great colour combo and love your take on it. Wishing you a fabulous Thanksgiving!! Enjoy time with the family and no cooking :) Hugs to you!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is gorgeous, Vickie! LOVE that silver sparkly panel behind the sentiment, too!

Lisa Kind said...

I absolutely love this card! It's just so stunning! Such great use of the colors!

Lori said...

You did a beautiful job with the colors! Love all the sparkle and bling.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Vickie! Love the beautiful background and bells! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one gorgeous card Vickie! I love those sweet bells and those lavender berries are perfect.

Deborah Frings said...

Vickie - this is absolutely gorgeous! I love these colours and the background you've created is stunning! Love the pretty bells too!