Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Verve Week 3 and 4.... Catching Up!!

Verve weekly challenges on SCS- "no time, no time, ain't, ain't, ain't got no time"--- that is to add the sketches!! Really behind on challenges and cards right now. Don't tell my DDs that I used the word "ain't"- absolutely not allowed at my house!! LOL!!

Verve week 3- used first pic with blacks/grays with a touch of green. Here's my card...


I liked this card {not always pleased with what I make, KWIM??} Used  some new SEI dp called Moonrise.. has a lot of these colors and some orange. The sentiment panel {per the correct sketch} is supposed to be square, but, loved this circle instead. Sentiment is from Verve's Forever in Our Hearts and the circle image is from Verve's Just For You. Used retired SU ribbon and new antique brads. Added some rhinestones on the outer circle.

Verve Week 4....
Struggled with this card. Chose the first pic {inspiration is crinkly seam binding ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy- wonderful colors and great prices. Used some ribbon directly from the source. Chose the first set of ribbon- turquoise, rust, and dark gray/black?? This card I wasn't as pleased with. Like the layout {Julee's} and the colors. Here's the card....
Love that crinkly ribbon but, it isn't balanced or adjusted right...etc. etc. {I really, really could critique this card!! LOL!!}

Had fun though and that's what really counts- enjoying creating and trying!!

TFL!!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

You rocked these two sketches, Vickie!! I HATE off angle panels - they mess with my anal side quite a bit LOL! Force myself to do them to stretch me but there were a few too many this time round LOL! Love both the cards you made - good luck winning :)

Wanda Cullen said...

I ain't gonna tell anyone - lol! Vickie, both of your cards are great! I gave up weeks ago as November was just too full for me to keep up with Amber's sketches! I'll root for you to win the prize! :-)