Friday, February 17, 2012

Another I Spy to end Your Week....

Third installment of the I Spy Sketch challenge... Kimberly Warner Teasdale is challenging us--as well as YOU!! That girl can pick some fabulous cards and some detailed sketches but, we want you to make it your own....interpret it how you fancy... that's the fun!! This week the inspiration comes from Sean Fetterman with this card.

Mine...


The sentiment (Verve Blue Skies) is stamped on a Verve A Cut Above Die Vintage Oval and stamped with the Verve Plain Jane Oval Frame and popped on top of a Verve Classy Label Die embossed with SU textile impressions. Used MME Lost & Found Sunshine papers and added ribbon, ribbon flags, lace, and paper flags. Made those flags a collage... rather than separate.... NOW-when I saw those flags I thought of a sketch that Leigh O'Brien (sunflowerstudio) did for a TCP Tuesday challenge which I never had a chance to "play in" (trying to direct link and can't-- you'll have to scroll through her posts but, there's some fabulous eye candy till you get there!!) Added a bunch of flags using the same dp and cutting the edges differently. Some teal ribbon flags to set it off. Lace and a watercolored Verve Butterfly.

Here's the sketch....













Hope you come play along.... check it out here  The basis of the challenge is to "spy" a card in any online gallery or blog-- the sketch is created from the card chosen. The sketch will be posted Friday at 12:01 am (for time zones and early birds) and you have until noon the following Wednesday to create a card or project based on the sketch. THE Kim Teasdale will be picking the top 2 creations to be displayed on the "Top 2 Thursday" post.

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!! Todays FRIDAY!!!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautiful colours, papers and card, Vickie :) Loving the pops of turquoise and of course the butterfly.

Sue Lelli said...

Vickie, LOVE this BEAUTIFUL card! The colors are so FAB together and you made that sketch shine! LOVE your papers and that Wonderful butterfly! Pretty pretty card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card Vickie! You did such a great job with this sketch! The colors are so fun and make me think of Spring! Beautifully done! :D

Christina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Vickie! You've really pulled all of the layers together perfectly, and I love the unique border of banners you used.

Christyne said...

I love these colors, I had them in my head for days and I'm so excited to see them used so awesomely!! Fabulous card!!

Aileen said...

Super colour scheme and I love all the details.x

Debbie said...

This is such a gorgeous card!! I really love everything about it!!!
I got here through your pic on the sidebar at iSpy... for some reason the link by your card would not allow me to see your blog.