Monday, April 29, 2013

CASE Study DT challenge...

Well I had a little time to stamp Friday evening and a little time tonight so.... I thought I'd "give it a go" for the CASE Study DT challenge.

The challenge is to pick a MUSE ..... push yourself "out of your box" and create a card. I have lots of MUSEs (i.e. blogs I visit and drool over their cards) so, this was a bit difficult for me (to pick someone). I started with Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper because she uses stamps to make her own patterned paper (I, on the other hand, have this love affair with patterned paper and always reach for it before thinking that I could make my own.) When I made this card I didn't have a specific card in mind, just her style.




I stamped several images from WPlus9s Lacey Layers in sage shadow, crumbcake, and basic gray (don't ask how many times I had to do this until I had a background I liked!!) Added a WPlus9 Written on Ribbon sentiment and cut with the coordinating die. Some stitching, seam binding, and twine (all elements Jean uses) with shiny silver pearls to finish.

These two cards illustrate her backgrounds...

Pretty cool. There are many, many more... visit her blog.

After I made this card, I wondered if this was really enough "out of the box" so, I picked another blogger I check out frequently, Debbie Hughes at limedoodle. CAS queen... the hands started sweating!!  This time I specifically chose a card to CASE.

This one...


Gorgeous, huh...

This is what I created....



I sponged distress inks onto a white panel, stamped a Unity Silhouette... Happy to be Me and then added the sentiment (only inking the portion I wanted to use). This was adhered to a white card base using Jodys' dots for dimension.

The challenge is open through tomorrow night if you want to join in. See link above. Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

6 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done, Vickie! Love the backgrounds that you've created! The colors are fantastic! :D

Marisa said...

Well done on both, Vickie!! Especially proud of you with Deb's case!! It's fabulous. Good luck :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gosh, girl! You're on fire!! I LOVE them both. So much.

Sue Lelli said...

Super job on BOTH, Vickie! LOVE the first the best. Your background is just GORGEOUS! The bow and that FAB sentiment are sheer perfection! LOVE the rainbow effect on the second one. Clever! Good luck to you!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such beautiful cards Vickie! Love the pretty pastel background along with the silhouette image!

Darnell said...

Ah, Vickie, that bike card with those simple swipes of color against the black silhouette of that image ... genius!!