Tuesday, March 11, 2014

WMS PJ Party!!

Today is the day and I am getting posted just in time!! Honestly, wasn't sure if I would be able to get my cards done but, it helped tremendously that Claire posted the first three challenges early. I've been struggling with tendonitis so, the cardmaking and posting is sporadic {resting the arm in between}!!


I usually post three times separately but, I babysat today {2 and 4- had to do a little lifting} and the arm is a "titch" sore. AND.... I'm "dog-tired" :)

The first challenge was "To Die For".... playing with some new WMS Funky Flowers dies and Stamps... I CASE'd Claire's card but, tried to make it my own.


Used some Glitz Finnley papers... went bold and bright!!


 
The next challenge was to do a Victorian St Patty's Day... this is a freebie image at the WMS store that I downloaded last year and didn't use.... lots of distressing {ink and tools} along with a double colored bow and stickpin/pearl combo. These pics aren't the greatest... sorry. I don't think you can see, but I stamped the regal rose BG with WMS Reverse Crackle BG in versamark... looks great IRL.
 
Inside...

 
Sentiment and clovers from WMS Irish Blessings. 
 
Then, the "What would Mom do" challenge. I could write an epistle about my mother... she raised 5 kids {4 girls and a baby brother- youngest to oldest is 18 years!}--that should be enough for sainthood! My mother is not a crafter {we used to joke that some of us girls got into crafting because she wouldn't let us play with stickers...} My mom did sew, bake, garden, play bridge, play card and board games, do puzzles... she kept us busy in different ways. Anyway... when I was thinking about this challenge and my mom- I thought of this Christmas when my oldest and her clan, Bill and I went home to IN. My mom would be up "with apron on" every am to fix breakfast and my oldest daughter {Lauren} and her family would have eggs, bacon, and toast.... with homemade strawberry jam!! The day we left she handed Lauren some jam to take home!! So Claire's images Big Berries-Strawberries, Jar Fillers-Jam Packed, and Jar Essential dies were perfect!!

I will come back tomorrow and add all the links to the stamps etc. ....

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

ETA: Missed the party... moving too slow!! BUT... had fun making my cards!!

signature

1 comment:

Marisa said...

You've been busy!! Great array of cards. Just love the story of your mom :) She sounds like a wonderful lady indeed!