Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Color Throwdown #327- Love you to pieces!!

Good Morning... it's time for another Color Throwdown challenge. Wanda is bringing us the colors this week.... and there's purple :) Honestly, if you've ever stopped by my blog, you would know that "purple" just throws me for a loop! I think these girls have forced helped me get over that!!


I loved the whole mosaic thing going on and tried to recreate that with my card.



My colors are a little bit darker. Used Lil Inkers Stitched Hearts and the sentiment is from Piece of Me. Stamped the background with SU's Gorgeous Grunge to add a little sumthin'- I so struggle with totally white backgrounds... it's an affliction I tell ya'!!

We’re also joined by January’s guest designer: Bonnie Sharp.  Bonnie- Loved having you this month!!

Marlena from Marlena is Faithfully Crafting is our Guest Star Stamper this week!!

Check out my teamies for lots more inspiration!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Monika Davis- MAD Stamper
 Jodi Collins- Stampin a Latte
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy

Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...this is all about having fun!  AND... remember "neutrals" are free! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD327  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool.

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

12 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Vickie. Love the patchwork heart with those little hearts layered on top.

Broni said...

Whoot! Whoot! Love that we came up with the same idea!! Your patchwork heart is awesome!! And I LOVE that splatter!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this fabulous card! That is a perfect sentiment to pair with a patchwork heart! I'm with ya with not liking purple and couldn't believe I picked a photo with purple in it - lol! Guess I just fell in love with that Etsy heart. :-)

Shelly said...

What a great card! Love the pieced heart and the sentiment! The grunge is soo needed as I have an opposition to all white backgrounds too! TFS!

Jodi Collins said...

The heart! Oh the heart! How GORGEOUS! I love this to bits!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute, clever idea, Vickie! I would have NEVER thought to do something like that, but you rocked it out!

Marybeth said...

Oh you are so smart! Love the patterned paper and dies you used, Vickie! Darling card!
Hope all is well with you , sorry I don’t get around enough :(

Joan Ervin said...

Super cute hearts, Vickie...love the darker tones and the spatter in the background looks great!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Vickie! Love the trio of hearts and ink splattered background!

Marisa said...

ADORE the patchwork quilt heart!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...your heart is just beautiful and it looks fantastic in these colors.

Marlena M. said...

Oh I love those hearts!!! Thanks for having me :)