Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog- Spring!!

Good Morning!! It's Wednesday and time for another inspiration installment for the Serendipity Stamps Challenge!! This month it's all about Spring.... yeah!!



I am sooooo ready.... I KNOW everyone is!! I have had the "bug" for going on 3 weeks now and I'm still coughing :(  I am starting to get a little energy back- being exhausted at the end of the work day and coughing are the pits :) The last two days have been gorgeous and starting to work in the yard getting ready for the flowers to start growing/blooming!!

Anywho...dreaming of flowers!! I used Serendipity's Flower Pops negative and positive and coordinating dies for my card. LOVE these (and there may be some new ones coming soon, wink wink). Images were stamped with versamark onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper, embossed with white, and watercolored. The large solid flower image was stamped on the base card with versamark and heat embossed with silver. The Serendipity Dream die was the perfect finishing touch.

Tip: Did you know that you can create your own silver paper? If you are like me and a little anal :) I wanted my silvers to match. Since I didn't have any bright silver cardstock for the sentiment, I decided to make my own. I smooshed versamark onto white cardstock, applied silver embossing powder and heat set. Then with my silver paper, I die cut the "Dream" sentiment. I did pass it through my die cutting machine twice to make sure the cut went through my embossed paper.

I almost forgot... this time around the DT challenge was to use glossy accents. Wondering how I used them? The flower centers... I applied SU Crystal Effects (just like glossy accents) and then added some silver glass glitter for a little bling.

Our special guest this month is Karen Dunbrook of Snippets blog. I hope you will stop by her blog - I think you're going to love what you see! 


For more inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.


The rules are simple... play along using at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your submission and link it below. You don't have to have a blog to play along - you can link your designs to any on line gallery. In fairness to other players, we reserve the right to remove entries that do not display a Serendipity Stamps image.

Mary's back and working hard to get all the orders filled. This week's deal is Free shipping on all US orders of $15 or more.  Good through 3/25.
  
Click Here for all the details

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

7 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Vickie! I love how you silver embossed your Dream die and the flower bg. Just lovely!

Marybeth said...

Sorry you are not feeling well, my daughters and families have all been sick too.
Your card is dreamy and gorgeous with the spring blooms!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Vickie! I saw your card at SSCB and was like WOW! - It looks so fresh on the page - lots of white space, but lots of wow factor. Love the silver embossing and pretty flowers. Would have loved to see a close up so I could soak in some of the eye candy better (my eyes are getting old) lol!

Mary Dew Lee said...

Vickie I just love this card! I love the silver Dream with its' long "dreamy" tail! Hope you're feeling better soon! No fun to be down and out when spring is showing her colors!

Miriam said...

Great use of the flowers and silver EP Vicki!! So unique.

Karen Amidon said...

You do CAS (of course it's not really simple!) so well, Vickie! Great color combo and wonderful idea for the silver. Feel better

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! I like how you did the silver!