Friday, May 13, 2011

Bravo!!

Used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge for a card for an employee of mine who is graduating with a BS in business this Saturday. She is a single mom with two children and basically raised her children on her own both financially and otherwise!! She has worked full-time while going to school (I have been flexible with her schedule to help, but, this is tough to accomplish and I'm Proud of her!!).

Here's the sketch...


After the card was made... I realized the top left circle was supposed to be larger than the lower right circle... a big ole' OOPS!! WMS recently released some doily stamps that would have been perfect for this sketch but, Beate Johns (you know, THE Beate) also made a card using the stamps from Victorian Frippery that was perfect for these circles. I just acquired some papers, Bo Bunny Gabrielle (there are some luscious papers in this collection... just sayin') and this print seemed perfect to me!!

















Stamped the fleur from Victorian Frippery in Versamark onto crumbcake CS. Added some Bo Bunny Gabrielle dp cut out with circle nesties after stitching with kraft thread. Tag was made using WMS Bitty Banners and Fancy Phrases. Added a little crinkled seam binding, button, and linen thread.

TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: WMS Victorian Frippery, Bitty Banners, and Fancy Phrases
Paper: crumbcake, white, Bo Bunny Gabrielle
Ink: crumbcake, versamark, SU teal
Accessories: nesties, stitching, SU neutral buttons, TCP divine twine

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm sure she will love it! A huge congrats to her for all her hard work and sacrifices!!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card. I know your friend will just adore this card, how couldn't she? I'm still trying to figure out how you did the patterning. Just magic!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is such an elegant card, Vickie! I totally love how you interpreted that sketch!!