Monday, May 16, 2011

Enjoy Today

Busy weekend again but, I did manage to get a couple cards done. This one is for the Verve weekly sketch challenge on SCS here. Amber gave us the sketch this week. Actually was able to download it and I think post--- cross your fingers for me!! (for some reason I haven't been able to add the pics via blogger even with a .gif file save to my PC-- yes, I know blogger should accept these but, no cooperation lately)

Here's the sketch...














Here's my card....















Started out with these SEI papers and just kept adding patterns, LOL!! Originally planned on having a sentiment in the middle oval but, wasn't happy with it and then this bling just seemed to fit so I added a sentiment from Verve's Amazing Wishes to a nestie that was cut and adhered in the lower right. The notched panels were made with Verve's Classy Label Die. Distressed the large panels and did a lot of sponging with TH Pumice Stone on all panels. Added a couple primas and silver pearls.

TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Amazin Wishes
Paper: SEI Juliette, SU gray and vanilla
Ink: TH pumice stone, SU gray
Accessories: Verve's Classy Label die, Prima flowers, SU ribbon, silver pearls, nesties

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely take on the sektch, Vickie :) Distressing is great as are the flowers and all that bling :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Vickie, this is gorgeous!! Love the layered die cuts & the bling; great sentiment placement, too :) I've been kind of scratching my head with this sketch, but you aced it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so beautiful Vickie! I love those prima blossoms and all of that bling! Simply gorgeous!! Have a happy weekend! :D

Andrea Ewen said...

This is beautiful Vickie, the colors are marvelous and those added gem flourishes are the perfect finishing touch! It's DYN-O-MITE!