Saturday, February 2, 2013

DIY Washi- WMS Make it Monday

This week Claire has a challenge and tutorial on her blog to make your own washi!! Lots of fun and the tutorial is fabulous---it's really easy peasy!! I have some washi and have to admit that I really don't use it- but, I should.

Here's my card



 
Used several Waltzingmouse stamps to make my washi- a small image from Large Doily stamped in pink onto white tissue paper (most of my inks are SU and I'm thinking that a chalk ink would have been better keep the detail of the image), checked image from Gingham & Co was stamped with green onto green tissue paper, and lastly the smaller Chicken Wire image was stamped in pink onto white tissue paper. The image is the sweet girl from Half Pink Heroines stamped in soft suede onto XPress It blending cardstock and colored with copics. Working on my copic coloring-geesh! Sentiments from the same set.
 
A close up of the washi
 
 
You can find all the sets I used here. Browse a bit- I know you'll find something you'll love!!
 
I started with Retro Sketches48 and veered off a little!!



Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

15 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is just lovely. One of my favourite images and sentiments with such pretty Washi tape.

Marisa said...

How fun is this!! Well done making yoru own washi :) Dalring image and great use of the button. Well done all round!

Kim Heggins said...

Vickie, your Washi Tape is just so fun and festive and looks so wonderful with your little sweetie.

Renee said...

Vickie this is fabulous!!
I love the cheerful colors...
so perfect with this precious image!
And the patterns you used on the tape are perfect!
As always...
I leave inspired! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Vickie! Great job coloring the darling image and your homespun Washi tape looks fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your washi tape and how you added those buttons to match! This is such a CUTE card, Vickie!

Claire said...

How cute is that little stamp..love your colour scheme..it's gorgeous and your tape looks amazing!

Super Jen said...

Fun and perky. The washi turned out perfectly.

Marybeth said...

Your tape turned out great , love the pink and green. I used chicken wire too,and love the way it turned out .you kept your nice and straight, mine is a bit askew! Adorable card Vickie!

Kelly S. said...

LOVE the colors against the white, Vickie! And that big pink doily washi! So cool...I just love seeing everyone use different sets with Claire's technique challenges these past 2 weeks!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Hello Vickie! I think you did an excellent job with your washi tape AND your coloring! Cute! Cute!

Joyce said...

What a cute card. And, I love your home made washi.

Christina said...

This is absolutely darling! I haven't played with this WMS set nearly enough. Love the strips of washi and the way the buttons echo the circles on the tape!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the CAS design, and the pretty colours of your tapes.

Carola said...

Vickie, this is a lovely card. Your Washi tapes are very pretty, I love the stamps you used and the colours are very beautiful.

Kind regards
Carola