Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Color Throwdown #310

Good Morning!! Welcome to this week's Color Throwdown. Wanda picked the colors this week and I went a little retro  :)

 Those flowers are fabulous... I think she made them???

Here's my card....

 Playing with some stamps and dies from the recent Verve release!! AND I am a coffee fanatic... so this Coffee set was perfect!! Surprised I didn't find a way to sneak in the new Coffee die.... honestly I pondered on it!! Do you know how many times I get in the elevator with folks who work in our building... and I yawn...or someone else does.... immediate response... "time for a cup of coffee"

Our Guest Designer this month... the wonderful Lise Henke from My Little Creative Escape!!

And the featured Stamper this week is Joanne... you can find her blog here!

Don't forget to visit the other CTD DT blogs for more inspiration.

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Monika Davis- MAD Stamper
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy

 Jodi Collins- Stampin a Latte
 
Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, use whatever you have that's close...this is all about having fun!  AND... remember "neutrals" are free! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the key words CTD310.  Also, when linking up your card using the linky tool at the bottom of the post, please link to your specific post, not a generic link to your blog.  

When you are finished with your creation, head over to the Color Throwdown blog to add your entry to the Inlinkz tool.

I played in the Verve Diva Dare... Terrific Trios and used the Viva La Verve week 1 sketch (hoping the Verve police won't throw me out- when I was all done I realized- a little late- there was supposed to be a bow)

 Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

14 comments:

Lisa H. said...

I love a great coffee card. this is lovely. all the layers of color are wonderful.

Broni said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch and your use of the colors! And I LOVE that sentiment. Gotta check that set out! Great card!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Speaking of coffee...haven't had my cup yet and it's almost noon! :-( Slept too late thanks to an emergency at work last night that had me coming home later. Love your sweet little flags with the dangling threads!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Vickie! Lovin' the retro vibe! Thanks for the inspiration!

Barbara said...

I am loving your retro vibe!! Loving that coffee theme, too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Vickie. Love the craft/tan addition. The banner looks great.

Darnell said...

I love that sediment, Vickie! I've never heard it before, but it's true and it's perfect for your card of pretty cups!! Hugs, Darnell

Marisa said...

Way to flash the new Verve, Vickie!! Darling use of that cup - I have a craving for a latte now!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOL! I absolutely LOVE this sentiment and your three darling cups of coffee!!! LOVE that little flag on the top too!! SUPER cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOLOL LOVE that sentiment! CUUUUUTE card, Vickie!

Lori said...

How fun! Love the stitching detail on the flags at the top of the card.

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo cute, Vickie!!! The 3 little cups are adorable and what a fun sentiment!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your coffee card Vickie - for me that sentiment is so true as far as tea is concerned!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card, Vickie! Love the stitching over the flags.