Sunday, September 28, 2014

This GIRL runs on Coffee!!

OK... my life revolves around coffee... at least in the early morning... with me? Used to be an all day thing but, the doctor cut me to 4 cups (that's dietician cups/measuring cups) a day.

So... when Verve released this coffee die... how could I resist?

 TOO MUCH FUN... The Coffee die was cut three times and layered for dimension. Used the Verve inspiration pic and Viva la Verve sketch from week #3....


 The sketch...
I used the colors and the images from Peaceful Medallions reminded me of the sunflowers. The sentiment {dear to my heart} is from Verve's Coffee.

Also playing in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge... Anything Goes!

AND playing in the coffee lovers blog hop!! Can't believe I almost missed this.... have been hiding under a rock or work or ......
I am known for loving my coffee... interesting fact... I like it black with cream-real cream!! Over the years so many people have bought me the fancy flavored coffees (sweet thought every time) without realizing that it's the fairly "straight up" stuff I like. My fav is Starbucks- the really strong ones, Verona and Sumatra- every day of the week- first thing in the morning is to start the coffee maker so it's ready before I walk out the door. One year I splurged on Blue Mountain coffee- not sure if it's around now or not for my Christmas stocking and it was very smooth but, not very strong.

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

25 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your coffee card! This would be perfect for the coffee lovers bloghop happening on Chaitali's blog tomorrow!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So cool!!! And I second what Wanda said! Hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so cool! Love how you used the medallions.

Lyn said...

Just dropping by from the bloghop to tell you I love love love your card. Glad your coffee was only cut back and not out :)

Teresa Kline said...

hey Vickie! super cute card, I luv the sweet tag! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Vickie. Love the color combo.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you paired the coffee set with Peaceful medallions!!

StampingbugKerry said...

So pretty. Love the "sunshine" on your card!

Linsey R said...

Wow, what a GREAT card! I love the Coffee sentiment die--super cool design and so inspiring!!! TFS and happy National Coffee Day to you!! :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

love the sentiment and color combo...

Tenia Nelson said...

Super LOVE!!!

Darnell said...

So many wonderful design elements on this card, Vickie! It's a feast for the eyes as well as the coffee senses!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...

I love smooth but not strong as well! I think your 4 cups might just me one of my one cups.....

Your card is darling! Love that coffee die!

Rubeena I. said...

This is cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

awesome card, Vickie!

Kelly Latevola said...

What a perfect sentiment! I love how you added dimension to your die cut. Beautifully done Vickie!!

Marisa said...

You rocked the sketch that kicked my butt LOL! Fabulous card and way to flash the Verve :)

Jenny said...

This just makes me smile - love the design and distressed look Vickie!

Beth H. said...

Awesome card! Love the sentiment and the distressing of the paper edges!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you stacked the sentiment and you stamped medallions! Fab card!

~amy~ said...

Kraft and Yellow! Love that combo and your card is awesome! I prefer 'plain' coffee too, as in not flavored but I do use creamer!

Thanks for linking up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh gosh this is so pretty and I love that sentiment.

Kim Heggins said...

I too love coffee...and your card too. So sweet and so fun.

MariLynn said...

Love the "Coffee" on your tags. This looks great with the sketch.