Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy 5th Year Anniversary Color Throwdown!!

If you are looking for my Serendipity Stamps post, please scroll down, or click here.

YES, that's correct- it is the Color Throwdown's 5th Year Annivaersary!! Whoo Hoo!! That's a long time for a challenge blog, IMHO,  and they are celebrating!!

As part of the celebration previous DT members and Guest Designers were invited to join in. I was a Guest Designer last year [and had a fabulous time BTW} so of course, I wanted to join the fun!!

This week's colors were picked by Lori and it is a summertime theme.


When I first saw the colors and image.... I soooo wished I had some flip flop stamps/dies {I'll be rectifying that soon, LOL} Not just for the image but, I AM a summer flip flop kinda girl!!

What I do have are these fabulous stamps by Waltzingmouse-- My Island. .



How perfect are these stamps.... screams summer!! I stamped the solid image and sun image with melon mambo and so saffron- cut them out to make corners behind the focal image. Aren't those palm trees wonderful and the font on the sentiment- to die for!! Distressed some edges, added a few buttons and some twine. Fun!!

Okay- now to the nitty gritty- there are prizes, I believe, lots of prizes to be given away this week!!Check out all the details on the Color Throwdown blog!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Vickie, love your style and design! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Marisa said...

I want to go to where the palm trees are LOL! Lovely use of the colours and love the scatter of buttons.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your design, Vickie and the colors and papers and buttons and palm trees really make me want to Relax!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, Vickie! PERFECT stamps to use with these colors! I LOVE how you stamped the trees! Thank you so much for helping us celebrate today!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Vickie! Love the island feel!

Darnell said...

This is such a great card for the challenge, Vickie! The layers using the kraft and colors with that twine and sediment are simply - well, like you said - screaming summer!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fun summer card, Vicki...love how you used the CTD colors and how clever to stamp the sentiment over the palm tree image....this is really pretty!!! Thanks for helping us celebrate out anniversary...it was wonderful to stamp with you again!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Vickie, this is wonderful! Love how you used the colors and the silhouette of the palm is fantastic. Great effect!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous! Just makes you want to be sitting under that palm tree! Thanks so much for playing along and helping us celebrate!

Julia Aston said...

this set IS perfect for summertime colors and theme Vickie! I love the panels, splash of buttons and twine!

Marybeth said...

I love flip flops too! You chose the perfect stamps for these colors. Love this fun summer card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Pure fabulousness! Love this beachy card, Vickie!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Vickie! Makes me want to be at a beach somewhere holding an ice cold drink ;)

Broni said...

Your card is awesome, Vickie! Such a perfect summertime scene!