Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Release!!

Good Wednesday morn'... it's even better as I have some new Serendipity stamps to show today... YIPPEE!! The DT is having a hop today and I am the start. If you get lost long the way, go to the Serendipity blog for a list/links of everyone participating. AND there are prizes!!

I've got a few pics... hang in there!

We'll call it Christmas/Fall in July with a fun addition!! I'm showcasing the Christmas in July and a fun sentiment!!

First up is this fabulous tree... LOVE!! So whimsical...aren't those curly cues on the ends of the branches fabulous and the swirly snow!!


Stamped the image a couple of times and colored with copics, the tree was popped up with foam dots and then, I added another tree to the inside leaving the ends of the branches loose. Used traditional Christmas colors, added a lot of layers, some stitching, and a big ole' bow. The star was stamped several times, fussy cut, glittered in bronze and popped up everywhere... having too much fun!!  
 
Here's the inside...

 
Next up is  a snowman/snowwomen :)


Used some non-traditional colors on this one. Stamped the image, colored with copics and fussy cut.. The snowman was inserted between some patterned paper hills and popped up for dimension. The background textured paper was stamped with a Serendipity snowflake (enlarge the pic- the detail is fabulous) and heat embossed with white.



My last card... was a bit of fun!!

Mary created this sentiment to go with... well, anything!! This is my scrappy card.


And, the inside....

Was thinking about my sis when I made this one... she has a BIG B-Day coming next year and... party plans are a week at a house at Hilton Head (looking at 16- that's a big week long party for us) .... didn't have to twist my arm to go to the beach!!

If you lasted this long, thanks!

Prizes-- One random commenter will receive the complete set of the new 4 rubber cling stamps. They have until 12 pm on 8/4 to leave a comment. Winner will be announced on the Serendipity blog on 8/5.

The next stop along the hop is Anya Schrier-- always inspiring -- can't wait to see what she created!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

30 comments:

Marybeth said...

Vickie …wow you did some amazing work here! I love both your cards the tree is beautiful, It such a fun yet simple stamp..I just love it! I love the muted colors on your snowman card so much really like the look of that one.
Your new blog is gorgeous too, not sure if I told you that yet.

Danielle T said...

I love the colors you achieved on the tree and the snowman is just adorable! I love Christmas in July for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards with the whimsical Christmas stamps. The snowman is so cute.

pam said...

great cards and stamps!!! I love that tree... thanks for sharing!!

Mary Ann said...

Love the cards!Very Pretty!!!Love the stamps!!!

nancy said...

You did an amazing job on both cards, especially that snowman!

Marisa said...

You've been busy! Fun, funky tree and an adorable snowman image. Loving the last card with the diagonal. Great work on all of them :)

BarbaraW said...

Great sample cards. Very inspiring. I especially love the tree and snowman.

Kara said...

LOVE that tree...especially with that beautiful striped ribbon! Kind of reminds me of a tree you would find in Whoville!

Pat Jandacek said...

These are great cards. Love the Christmas images and what you've done with them.(Snowmen are great but living in Florida I feel it's not appropriate to use them on my cards...not sure why--it doesn't bother me when my neighbors do. I'll have to work on getting over that quirk.) TFS

Jeanne J. said...

You blew me away here Vickie - Smitten with you my friend! Wow! That yummy bow on the first and all the layers, the drifty background with the snowflakes behind the snowman - and swoon that bitty star and bow!... and then bam! How clever to pair up those sentiments! Absolutely perfect!

Bev J. said...

Like the tree-different! I also like the coloring for your snowman. Like both cards.

Kristine said...

BEAUTIFUL Cards Vicki!! Love your coloring of that cute tree and your big stripey ribbon is just PERFECT!! Also loving the snowman and your coloring of that one as well. They're all great. *Ü*

Cathy Weber said...

These cards are great Vicki...love them all but that one with the great red/white bow is my favorite. I also really love your card with that cute snowman. Great job, you are so good with Serendipity stamps!

Anonymous said...

"Rocking around the Christmas tree..." I love how the tree looks like it's dancing!!

Pam L.
Voorheesville, NY

NPurdum56 said...

Such cute cards! Those stamps are adorable! :) Nancee

Kim Heggins said...

just so pretty and so very festive and perfect for Christmas! Love them all.

Janet M said...

I love the tree, it looks like it's dancing.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fabulous projects. I love the tree. I read one of the comments that said it looked like it was dancing. I agree. I also love how you complete the inside of each card. Thanks for sharing

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Love all of these wonderful cards! Incredible coloring! Great new products! Thanks for the inspiration!

jcobb said...

I love the tree card! It makes me think of blowing in the winter wind with snow falling all around! The snowman car dis just adorable, love the colors you chose for it. And the "party" card is lovely!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love that whimsical tree! Like how you layered the tree.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are all terrific! What a fab job you did w/ all these new images, Vickie!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

They are all spectacular, but the Christmas tree is my favorite. I just love how you matted and framed it.

Janet said...

I just fell in love with your tree card. That stamp is darling and you did a beautiful job coloring it and matting it. Thank you.

Darnell said...

These are all such great Christmas cards, Vickie!! That ribbon card is out of this world!!

Karen Amidon said...

Great new stamps. Your Christmas tree is a favorite! Love the bow!

Carol P said...

Hi Vicki, your little tree just looks so happy!!! Love the snowman in blue & brown, both are beautiful cards.

maria f. said...

What a great snowman. Love your choice of colors.

Miriam said...

Love all 3 cards Vicki! The big bow is the perfect touch and I love the colors you chose for the snowman.