Tuesday, July 16, 2013

on your special day!!

Combined the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board with this week's Retrosketch and made a fun little card!!


Not sure I will "evah" get tired of the Fresh Cut Florals and coordinating dies from WPlus9!! The stitched circles were created with Lil Inkers dies and the checked background {using SU crumbcake- stamped off every other row} uses WPlus9's Country Charm.

The sketch...

Dawn's Monday Mood Board...
 
I went with the colors {added crumbcake} and the flowers. 

Checking the weather... we've been having a "boatload" of rain here in NC and it's getting in the way of cruising/chilling at the lake {well for some of us- and for others... in the way of skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding} but, it looks like this WE will be sunny!! My daughter and I were discussing tonite- we bought this great big ole' lounge {10 x 16} for those of us to lounge/relax/get sun/swim while the others are skiing, tubing, wakeboarding!! Just blow it up and anchor it- we're good to go!!

Hope you're having a great start to the week!! Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

11 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your version using the Fresh Cut Florals (I see our minds were in the same channel for this one!). This was my first attempt with this set and I see I need to take lessons from you! That huge lounger sounds divine...sure hope you'll get to use it lots this summer!

Marisa said...

You did a great job using that sketch and I'm loving the stitched cicles -- another wish list item for sure! That periwinkle seam binding is fabulous too!!

Loving the idea of the lounge in the water - mind you I'd also love to do some waterskiing LOL! Cheers to some sunshine finally showing up!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Vickie! Love the colors and the bouquet of beautiful flowers! Lovely card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous job with the challenges! Your flower colors are beautiful!

Yes...our NC weather has been YUCKKO!!!
Your lounge float sounds perfect I hope you ghetto use it lots this week end!!

Larissa Heskett said...

This is SO Beautiful!! I want to CAS this, so I have saved it as a Favorite!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Cathy P said...

Love how you used the Fresh Cut Florals set. I just got the set and have been having fun with it. Your colors are fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Love your card! that color combo is great, and your flowers are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty little cluster of blooms! So happy you gave the sketch a try! the lounging sounds FUN ;)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my Vicki...this is amazing. Such beautiful flowers that you have arranged in this awesome sketch. You're one talented crafter!

Kim Heggins said...

Vickie, this is just beautiful. Love your floral arrangement.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous bouquet, Vickie! I need this set. LOL