Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter... WPlus9 MMB-- Thankful!!

Happy, Happy Easter! No big sheannigans around here... quiet day! It's been a busy week so, we took it easy for this holiday! Enjoyed it but, then again, I am so used to baking/cooking up a storm for the holidays... it feels kind of weird.. out of balance! My youngest had to work and as you can imagine it was a slow day so, Hubs and I went out to eat {she enjoyed the tip} for supper!

Squeaking in my card for the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board... I have been on a flower kick... that's a longing for spring... it's coming... every day another reminder!!

After I made this card and went back and looked at the mood board, I realized I totally went with the colors/little damask design on the snippet of fabric but, didn't do subtle... totally went bold with my colors!! The background was stamped with Damask Delight-- not perfect on purpose... like the subtle hint of pattern. Flowers, frame, and sentiment are from Hope Seed Co. Colored the flowers with copics and used my finger to pull up some edges for a little dimension.
 
 
The mood board... yes, I told the truth... took subtle colors and turned it into bold....



Wishing you had a wonderful Holiday WE... I "splurged" and took tomorrow off!! Just needed a little break!!

You can find all the goodies here.... just in case the Easter Bunny left you money or you have a hankering!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

So interesting how you made those colors bold as they were in your mind! LOVE how it turned out! LOVE your flowers! LOVE bold!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vickie! Love the gorgeous blossoms and bold color scheme! Hope you had a happy Easter :)

Maria said...

Beautiful bold card...love those flowers!!!

Dawn said...

It's however the board inspired you, and I love what you've done with it! Thanks for playing along with Wplus9 Monday Mood Board!

Marisa said...

Have always loved orange and blue together. Way to work those skewed panels too!