Sunday, March 17, 2013

Join Us- For a Party- WMS Blog Waltz

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Well, I swore last year that when the March blog party came around I would have one of Claire's fabulous Irish sets.... I forgot in all the frenzy of buying the recent releases {it has been fixed and is traveling the sea to me} so..... I had to get a little creative.

 
Yes, you are right... the mouse is drinking green beer!! Decided to make a little invitation card using Make Your Mark and Join Us.  Now I realize the mug of beer is a bit on the heavy side for the wee mouse but, I never said I was a graphic artist, LOL!! The adorable hat was made from a template at Creations by AR-- you've probably seen these on Julia's blog here-- that's where I got the idea.

 
The sentiment on the inside is an Irish toast that was computer generated. Added the flourish from Join Us and another wee mouse from Make Your Mark. Check out the blog waltz- if you don't have WMS stamps- Claire has a couple freebie images in her store and another on her blog- you have until tomorrow at 1pm to join in.
 
Hope you're having a wonderful St. Patty's Day... my daughter is working but, she said they have been having fun this WE dying the beer green!! 

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!! Hoping to get a chance to pop around and see everyone's creations. Right now work is crazy- I'm working two jobs- my "partner in crime" resigned--- I do have 3 candidates so should be fixed soon!!

20 comments:

Marisa said...

Way to be creative, Vickie!! Love the green beer for the mouse - think he will be a very happy mouse LOL!

So glad to hear you have three candidates for the position. Fingers crossed it can be filled soon ((hugs))

Denise Marzec said...

GREAT card!!

Pauline said...

What a fun top hat Vicki, and I love the little waltzing mouse with his mug of beer!

Joyce said...

So fun and clever.

Deborah Frings said...

LOL! I do like the green beer and the sweet little mice - so clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

Vickie this is so much fun and I love your take on the Blog challenge. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cassie_lu said...

How acute is that little mouse. So very clever

Renee said...

That little mouse is showing his Irish...
how creatively adorable!! :)
And I swore I would have Celtic Heritage by this time...
I'm reminded of that today! :)
But you carried the theme perfectly!:)

Kelly S. said...

A Waltzingmouse having a green beer? Well if that doesn't top it all, Vickie! How creative and sweet...and it WOULD make the best little St. Patrick's Day invite! Love the foam on the mug ;)! That hat is AMAZING, especially the sparkling gold buckle!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love it! How cute is that card with the mouse and the beer! Adorable! Love the green hat as well.

~Tammy~ said...

Now this is totally adorable! So fun!

Jeanne J. said...

EEEK! That bitty mouse with the cup of green is so cute and clever! LOVE IT!!! A real stand out and WM all the way!

Julia Aston said...

Cute, cute, cute Vickie!! love your beer drinking waltzing mouse! and your wonderful top hat! So glad you got the template - they are SO fun!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Brilliant design on these two projects, Vicki. Your hat is so cute, and the card is amazing, especially the way you incorporated the little waltzing mouse. Fabulous idea!

Carla said...

Where is that party?????
Lovely card.
Love from Holland.

Claire said...

That's the second post I've read tonight about green beer...must be a US thing?! Absolutely adorable Vickie...I can imagine your little mouse will be quite tipsy after that beer!

Jean Martin said...

Vickie this is adorable! Love that the mouse is drinking green beer! heehee. And the addition of the hat is wonderful! :)

LauraJane:) said...

WONDERFULLY FUN card!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh you got WAY creative! LOVE the mouse and the green beer! GREAT card!

Sharron said...

This is SO ADORABLE, Vicki! Love the little mouse with his green beer!!