Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wedding Day- WMS MIM

Squeaking in my WMS Make it Monday card. Have had it ready and my camera battery went dead and, my back up battery was not placed in the charger properly so it wasn't charged either {now I wonder who did that.... or how I managed to do that!}

This week the challenge was to pick a dress from the Academy Awards and make a card based on it. I went with Jennifer Lawrence's dress... whom several in the media stated looked like a wedding dress. So, wedding card it was.... and I made a white on white card with a splash of pink!!


The rose from WMS Roses in Bloom was stamped with versamark on white cardstock, heat embossed with white and watercolored with SU Blushing Bride. I stamped the same image again on vellum and heat embossed with white and adhered. The leaves were stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white. Used SB Romantic Rectangles for two layers. Embossed a white panel with a Quikkutz embossing folder and added some organza ribbon. I fussy cut my rose and leaves but, I believe that Clare has a SVG file to cut with a CAMEO and mine came yesterday... just not hooked up yet and will have to figure out how to work it but.... I am so excited....Clare has created files for several of her images... and I can't wait to use them!!!!!

The dress...

Had to revert the pic to original size since it was so distorted when I enlarged it!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

Hope you had a great weekend and your Sunday is going well!!

12 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely beautiful - I adore the pretty vellum rose and leaves, the touch of pink is just lovely.

You're going to love your Cameo! Have fun!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Vickie! So elegant! Love the gorgeous blossom and white fancy frames!

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS. Vickie! LOVE the lacy edges and the embossing and the FAB vellum!

Marisa said...

I love white on white cards and this one is a beauty :) Fabulous die around the otuside and that EF is making me drool! Love the vellum leaves too. Great card!

Pauline said...

So beautiful Vicki, I love the elegance you captured here.

Cassie_lu said...

The dreamy, fairytale feeling of the dress has been caputred in your card. Great job!

-Aneta- said...

Amazing as allways :) Beautiful colours and such a delicate touch !

Renee said...

You nailed it!!
I didn't watch The Oscar's...
but I did see her "oopsie" and you nailed her dress perfectly with this stunning beauty!
Gorgeous as always! :)

Marybeth said...

Wow you did a wonderful job recreating the look and feel of her dress. Perfect to make it a wedding card, just gorgeous!

Jeanne J. said...

Vickie this is perfect! Love the elegant look of your card and YES it matches perfectly!

Julia Aston said...

Oh how lovely with the rose and all the lacey elements Vickie!

Jean Martin said...

Vickie!!! OMGoodness!!! This is exquisite! Soooo beautiful! I love your use of the die cuts too! So beautiful! :)