Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cool Beans-Crazy Cool!

Still getting some stamping done and had a chance to play in the Color Throwdown this week. The colors are ballet blue, apricot appeal, lucky limeade, wisteria wonder, and pool party.


My card..

I've been needing to practice my coloring and I haven't inked up this MFT Doodle Garden Far Out so today was the day!! She was stamped with early espresso onto XPress It Blending cardstock and colored with copics. My hair skills still need work but, when I was done I decided to add a little doodling with my black copic liner--kinda' fun!! The pool party was stamped with LJD Darling Dots using versamark (doesn't show up as well in the pic) and the lucky limeade was stamped with LLD Border It-Mod Borders using versamark. Added a studio calico wood chip and arrow die (MFT Lead the Way) with a clothespin.

Hope you having a relaxing Sunday. Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

8 comments:

Broni said...

Vickie, what a cool and funky way to use the challenge colors this week! I love how you colored this cutie and how you used the ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love that sweet image, Vickie, and what awesome coloring!!! Love how you added the arrow with the clothes pin, too....sooo clever!!!

Marisa said...

I ran from this colour combo and you have made it shine :) Cute image and well done with the colouring! Love the arrow too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how sweet and fun Vickie! You did a great job coloring her! Love the little clothespin and arrow!

Wanda Cullen said...

With that adorable little hippie gal, I feel my comment should be "Far out!" - lol. Your coloring rocks and you captured the throwdown colors so beautifully! Love it and as always, happy to see your creations in the gallery!

Joyce said...

Your card is really so darling. Great way to use all those colors together.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your coloring and those funky sentiments! FAB card, Vickie!

Nancy Thomas said...

What an adorable card - love the happy summery colors and I do love that image. I think I had that same outfit when I was in college!