Saturday, May 18, 2013

WMS BLog Party!!

This month the WMS Blog Party is all about Teacher Appreciation... it's the end of school...or close anywho... spring has sprung and summer is just days away....

Now, my girls are all grown up but, there were many... many.... teachers along the way that I LOVED!! When I visited (quite often- picking up, B-Days, Teacher conferences. volunteering... school trips.... etc. etc.)- they KNEW my girls!! Maybe not quite as intimately as I did but... ohhhh-- they "had their number"--- knew how to "call them on something"- ya' know what I'm saying!- and at the same time encouraged their individual uniqueness!!

Here's my contribution....

 
I've been ogling some notecard sets out in blog land and decided to create my own for the blog party. Did some resist embossing and sponging with distress inks. Love the font on these sentiments. The card holder was created with coordinating colors... just cut 1/4 inch larger on all sides, scored with my ScorPal, adhered with sticky tape, added some coordinating papers, button, and twine on the front. Tucked the cards inside.
 
 
Couple pics of the notecards...





Side of panel was stamped with an image from Chicken Wire or Text It in Adirondack Slate. Flowers (Vintage Garden Seed Packet and Vintage Garden Flowers) were stamped with WPlus9 white ink and heat embossed with clear. Sponged various distress inks to loosely color the stems and flowers. Finished with sentiments from Vintage Garden Seed Packet and Camellia. Papers are Simple Stories Vintage Bliss.

Here's the link to WMS- there are lots of goodies!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!


signature
 
I have a little Blog Candy going on here -- if you are interested!!

I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World card set challenge... thanks Claire!!

24 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Hi Vickie,

I just realized this morning that I was missing your feed since you've made changes to your blog. It's all fixed now. Anyway, your card set is beautifully done and very creative.

Sue Lelli said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS note card set! LOVE the holder and the emboss/resist on those flowers is just STUNNING!

~Tammy~ said...

Fabulous set! Beautiful holder!

Marisa said...

What a great set of note cards!! Love them :) Great holder too.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

FABULOUS idea! Your cards are WONDERFUL and so perfect for a teacher!

Cassie_lu said...

these are beautiful and would make a great gift set for a teacher.

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful notecards & I love the patterned paper mix on the card holder :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are amazing, Vickie. I adore the way you layered your image in such a fabulous and trendy way. The belly bad is such a great idea! Love it!

Deborah Frings said...

I adore this lovely set of notecards - so very pretty (I really might have to CASE them). Love the sponged colour around the flowers.

BTW - think your new look blog is super!

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful stampings/spongings on these lovely note cards Vickie! great mix of images and colors!

Annheidel said...

These are very pretty! I love how you inked over the flowers and the chicken wire adds a nice touch.

Kary said...

WOW, Vickie, your notecards look AMAZING!! Love the idea and the cardholder is equally awesome. Great idea and what a GREAT job!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is simply one amazing set of cards! I am loving the flower/chicken wire combination you used. So fun and I am sure how ever receives this set will love them!

Marybeth said...

Wow, wow , wow! You win!!!! These are amazing , I love the way you stamped to the side first then stamped with color, gorgeous!

Renee said...

Vickie these are incredible...
who wouldn't love these beauties!!
Love the way you made them so soft looking with the color...
and that strip of chicken wire or text...
brilliant!! :)

-Aneta- said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Vickie !! Stunning technique and amazing outcome :)

Claire said...

These are just stunning Vickie...you should enter it in to the Moxie challenge too...I think they're asking for card sets this week!

Jeanne J. said...

What a gorgeous set of cards for teacher - the colors are so yummy and spring looking! A real treat Vickie!

Unknown said...

OH MY! WOW! These are incredible Vickie!!! Stunning use of stamps!!!

Charmaine Stack said...

Love what you did here, Vickie! I just got one of those white stamp pads so will have to give this a whirl. I love the images and the colours you used. Very striking!

maria f. said...

Not only are these gorgeous - that set is one of the most wonderful gift sets I've seen. Looks like Moxie Fab material to me. Hook up.

cm said...

Vickie, your card set is lovely!! I'll echo the others: Moxie Fab fabulous!! Hope you're having a great Tuesday,
c

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Lovely set!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vickie! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)