Monday, May 27, 2013

Verve weekly sketch challenge!

I still have my blog candy up.... will run through the 31st and then, pick a winner!! Will contact the winner via email/announce here also!!


Well, I had high hopes for this long weekend to stamp a lot but, things just don't always work out the way we want them to. I have this inner ear problem (throwing off little calcium deposits) that can make you dizzy.... major dizzy! Only happens about once a year.... thank goodness!!

Anywho- this is a card that I worked on a while ago for the Verve weekly sketch challenge-May-on SCS.

 
I turned it into a square card and took a little liberty with the heart (flowers/leaves) but, the basic sketch is there. Still loving these Fancy Pants Park Bench papers!! The leaves were die cut with Verve's Dreamy Leaves die, stamped with the image from Dream Big and heat embossed with clear. The flower image is from Sunny Days and it was stamped on patterned paper. Sentiment is from Because of You. I think I started this card around Mothers Day and was thinking of my mom!!
 
 
Here's Amber's sketch...

 
Now, the dizzyness abated a bit today and we were able to go out on the boat for a ride and to lunch!! First of the season for me!! Oh, how I LOVE summer!!
 


Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!



signature

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the colours!! Great take on the sketch!! Fabulous card, Glad you are feeling abit better now and were able to go out on the boat :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Really beautiful card Vickie! Love the pretty color palette and beautiful bow!

Wanda Cullen said...

Really gorgeous color combo...love it! Sorry to hear you were dealing with inner ear issues recently. Thought of you when a coworker returned from a vacation in your city last week. Glad it's warming up for water activities. Thought I was going to have to get out my winter sweaters again the other day!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the colors and all the Beautiful details.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous! I just love these papers and your card has me just itching to get in my stamp room and do some stamping! So inspiring.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you combined those patterned papers, Vickie! LOVE that sentiment, too! Great card!

Unknown said...

really all the colors and paintings are beautiful..
Estetik